Alliance for Consumer Education to Host Inaugural Clearing the Air Summit
Posted August 31, 2020
This virtual event will explore the science and safety of air care products
The Alliance for Consumer Education (ACE) announced today that it will host the “Clearing the Air Summit” on Thursday, September 24 from 9:45 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. EDT. Due to the ongoing restrictions and precautions around COVID-19, this year’s event will take place virtually. This engaging summit will bring together highly respected academics, industry leaders, and technical experts for an interactive dialogue about the science and safety of air care products.
Topics that will be covered during the summit include:
- Olfaction and health
- The role air care plays in our lives
- Negative impacts of malodor
- Odor elimination technology and fragrance fundamentals
- Air care product safety (design and regulation)
- Fragrance educational resources
Featured guest speakers include:
- Rachel Herz, PhD, Organizational affiliations: RSH Enterprises LLC, Brown University, Boston College
- Carolyn Forte, Director, Home Appliances and Cleaning Products Lab, Good Housekeeping magazine
- Pamela Dalton, Ph.D., MPH, Monell Chemical Senses Center
- Steve Horenziak, M.S., Principal Scientist, Procter & Gamble
- Matthew S. Wagner, Ph.D., M.B.A., Director of Fragrance R&D, Procter & Gamble
- Robert C. Bookstaff, Ph.D., Air Care Senior Toxicologist, Procter & Gamble
- Anne Marie Api, PhD, ATS, Vice President, The Research Institute for Fragrance Materials, Inc.
- Rick Kingston, PharmD President, Regulatory and Scientific Affairs, SafetyCall International and Pet Poison Helpline & Clinical Professor of Pharmacy at the University of Minnesota
- Farah Ahmed, President & CEO, Fragrance Creators Association
“People are spending more time indoors as a result of COVID-19, so it’s critical to be conscientious of our indoor air quality and understand the important role of air care,” said Steve Caldeira, Executive Director, ACE. “This summit will provide attendees with a unique opportunity to hear from industry experts and participate in an honest dialogue on the scientific and safety aspects of home air care products.”
Registration is currently open, and the first 100 attendees to register by Friday, September 4 will receive a demonstration kit to use during interactive presentations.
For more information and to register, click here.