Stop Inhalant Abuse
Even good kids make bad decisions.
Inhalant Abuse is a growing problem, especially among teenagers. What are inhalants? Basically they are normal everyday products that can be huffed or sniffed to get high, resulting in sickness or death.
Examples of inhalants: dusting spray, air freshener, refrigerant, markers, correction fluid, and cooking spray – all common, easy-to-find household or office products.
You might be thinking "Not my child" or "My students wouldn't do that"... but here are some facts:
- 566 people use an inhalant for the first time each day
- Generally the first drug children try, inhalants are highly addictive
- One out of Five 8th graders has experimented with inhalants
- More than 1,400 common products can be huffed or sniffed
- Research shows less than half of parents knew that inhalants were an issue