ACE's 2018 Recycling Campaign
Posted November 29, 2017
As we enter into a new year, we reflect upon the choices we have made over the previous twelve months and look for areas in which we can improve. New Year’s Resolutions can seem overwhelming, but can be more manageable when they are broken down into behaviors and actions that we can easily change or implement. When setting resolutions, it is best to start somewhere small. Though the actions and behaviors that we are working to change may seem minor to us, they have the potential to have a greater impact on the communities and the world in which we live. For example, consider something you may do every day, like drinking a water bottle. It might not seem like switching from a plastic water bottle to a reusable water bottle would make a big change, you are only one person after all. However, by reducing the amount of plastic water bottles you purchase and use, you are also reducing the amount of waste that ends up in our oceans and landfills. If every person did this once a day for a year, think about how much good we could do for our environment!
This year, ACE is challenging consumers to take part in our 2018 Recycling Campaign. Our campaign focuses on educating consumers of the proper ways to dispose of their household products and to encourage them to set New Year’s Resolutions to recycle more than just what is in their kitchen. When we think of recycling, we tend to overlook many household items that can and should be recycled, especially those that are found outside of the kitchen. The main focus of ACE’s 2018 Recycling Campaign is to target other areas of the home that house recyclable products, and to challenge you to expand upon your recycling habits. This campaign educates and promotes better recycling habits for products found in three main hot spots in your home: the kitchen, the bathroom, and the laundry room.
What products can I recycle?
The products that you can recycle will vary based on the area of your home. When determining if a product can be recycled, it is important to read the label and look for a recycling symbol. Don’t forget that product bottles or containers must be empty before recycling. Follow the list below as a guide for recycling your household products through ACE’s 2018 campaign!
- Dish soap containers
- Cleaning / Sanitizing / Disinfectant spray bottles
- Sanitizing / Disinfectant wipes containers
- Glass cleaner spray bottles
- Shampoo and conditioner bottles
- Liquid body wash bottles
- Hand soap containers
- Aerosols - shaving cream, air fresheners, hair spray, etc.
- Mouthwash bottles
- Lotion bottles
- Sunscreen bottles
- Insect repellent spray cans
- Liquid detergent bottles
- Powdered detergent cardboard containers
- Chlorine bleach containers
- Stain remover spray bottles and containers
- Laundry softener containers
Why should I take the pledge?
As the New Year approaches, we begin to identify ways to implement new and healthier habits. By joining ACE’s 2018 Recycling Campaign, you can join others in setting a New Year’s Resolution to properly dispose of your household products. Recycling is an easy resolution that not only benefits your home, but also benefits the environment!
How do I take the pledge?
- Visit our website consumered.org
- Scroll to the bottom of the page to the section titled "Take the Pledge."
- Fill in your information to receive a complementary package with information about recycling your household products.
- Designate a recycling bin for your kitchen, bathroom, and laundry room to begin proper disposal of products.
- Share your New Year's Resolution with family and friends on social media using the hashtag #putitinthebin, and encourage others to join you in taking the pledge!