ACE Condemns the Use of Miracle Mineral Solution as a Medical Treatment
Posted August 19, 2019
Washington, DC – The Alliance for Consumer Education (ACE) condemns the use of Miracle Mineral Solution (MMS) as a medical treatment. MMS is made by mixing sodium chlorite with an acid to produce chlorine dioxide, which is commonly used as an industrial bleach.
“MMS is not a legitimate medical treatment and should not be ingested under any circumstance,” said Beth Ludwick, Executive Director of ACE. “All household products, including bleach, should always be used according to the directions on the label.”
MMS has been promoted online as a way to “cure” certain medical conditions; however, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has not approved this solution for any use and recently warned consumers about the potentially life-threatening side effects of using MMS to treat autism, cancer, the flu and other health issues.
“It’s inexcusable for proponents of MMS to deliberately put consumers at risk by advertising this poisonous concoction as a cure,” said Ludwick.
The Alliance for Consumer Education (ACE) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit foundation founded in 2000. ACE works to educate consumers about the correct use, storage and disposal of household and commercial products. ACE’s core program areas are Consumer Care, Health & Wellbeing and Inhalant Abuse Prevention. ACE is affiliated with the Household & Commercial Products Association (HCPA).